Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Inspiration ...

Hi there beading family - guest blogger Jill is back again!  You have not run me out of town yet with the flames and pitchforks!!!!  So, while I am still acceptable, I decided to write up an entry for you!

Today we have a topic that is used by everyone, talks to some but not others, moves some and freezes others.  What could it be??

 INSPIRATION

Inspiration is one of those intangible concepts that is a huge mystery, but when it works there is no questioning it!  I have decided to include the official definitions of the term, hopefully this will help us a little in our discussion.

So- according to Google Dictionary, 
Inspiration is a noun
  1. the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
    • the quality of being inspired, especially when evident in something.
    • a person or thing that inspires.
    • a sudden brilliant, creative, or timely idea.
    • the divine influence believed to have led to the writing of the Bible.

  2. I really want to think of this in it's simplest definition - as something that moves me to be creative and allow something that is inside of me to come out in some manner.  Most times with me, it is usually a photograph or painting, flowers, and color schemes.  

Let me show some of my personal examples:

2/7/2012- I love the photo composition as well as the play of the black and white.

I love this photo.  From the composition to the design of the clothing, it makes me want to work in contrasting colors.  It does not have to be black and white, but I want it to include a "POP" of color or pattern, similar to how the print is something that you are not expecting.


Blue Morpho Butterflies

Fly Fly Butterfly!!!  This photo makes me think of an ombre project.  I want to do it in the blues and greens the same as in the photo.  Maybe an ombre beaded bracelet that everyone is trying.  And  copper findings - I like how it looks on that one upper right hand wing.

And the final one.....
Monet

I have to totally admit this - I adore Monet.  The painting above is actually not one of my favorites, but I wanted to show how you can be inspired by surprising things.  I find it a little heavy and clunky.  But if you look beyond that, I am fascinated by the color combinations used.  I probably would never combine some of those colors in the same project.  But when you look at them in combination - they work to create a beautifully colored item.  

Let's try to sum this up.  Inspiration can come from any direction, from anything, and may not be a instant feeling of "I have to use that!".  Basically you need to be open to influences around you.  You may be moved by something you would never imagine, so do not dismiss something because it is not your normal. You may be surprised.

Thanks for visiting, now go bead something!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment