Friday, September 2, 2016

Matte Metallic Khaki Iris is the "New Black"

Since the very beginning of my beading adventures, I have been in love [I mean in love] with any bead that has the Matte metallic khaki iris finish.

Friends and customers often joke with me about how many of my jewelry samples contain that one bead color. My reply is always - "Matte metallic khaki iris is the 'new black'." Of course the next question is usually - "why"?

Just a few of the yummy shapes that are available in Matte metallic khaki iris.
First, just look at the beads themselves ... they are a little brown, a little gold, a little purple, and a little green ... which I feel makes them a very interesting neutral bead to create with.

Second, you can combine them with lots of colors ... green, burgundy, gold, bronze, orange, copper, etc. And each time you get a spectacular finished piece.

Third, they come in every size and shape in the Miyuki seed bead line. Yippee! And I could still go on and on.

When Miyuki released the new Tila beads in Matte metallic khaki iris, I just about lost my mind! I immediately made a bunch of very simply bracelet with them. Below are two of my favorites that I have actual written patterns.

My Peaks and Valleys Bracelet - gold and green combination

My Art Deco Crowns Bracelet - gold and burgundy combination
But, I feel my "pièce de la résistance" is my version of Jill Wiseman's Fireworks Necklace, where I decided to use chartreuse, red, orange and coral accents on a netted base of [you guessed it] Matte metallic khaki iris.

I affectionately call this my 'Carmen Miranda' necklace. Plus it was a lot of fun to make!
I hope I have spread my love of this beautiful bead color. If I have, please leave a comment below to be entered to win a sample container of various shapes and sizes of Matte metallic khaki iris beads. The winner will be randomly picked on Tuesday, September 6th.

Contains approximately 40 grams of various sizes and shapes!

Good Luck and Happy beading!

11 comments:

  1. I knew there was such a color-connection between us!!! I have every shape I can possibly get in this colorway too ❣������

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, Love the color of these beads; they work well with all my clay components!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know you have!!! absolutely love this color...along with bronze, matte bronze, lt bronze, dk bronze......I guess I love all colors...greens especially, and blacks, and bronze and....oh well you get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone who knows Leslie knows that Matte Metallic Khaki Iris is her go-to color and I think she is converting me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy is the key word here...both colors and shapes...and the fireworks!!...spectacular! !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous bog and fabulous samples! This color should have a nickname like "chameleon" since it seems to change color so easily as it's perceived at different angles and next to other components.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that fireworks necklace. Do you sell a pattern? And yes, these beads are da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thx for posting. These are wonderful! Very kind of you to offer a variety to "bead play" with ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have love this colour from the moment I saw it. I didn't know it now came in Tila beads *faints*

    ReplyDelete