Friday, July 22, 2016

Accepting Challenges

I have always believed that true growth and obtaining knowledge is best achieved by accepting and accomplishing challenges. One of my biggest challenges has been and continues to be my business.

Having said that, I feel that in the past couple of years I have not been challenging myself enough. So I went in search of a challenge and of course came across several.

It would seem that the universe heard me, because my first two challenges can work in tandem with each other.

Starting a blog is my first challenge and finding a good source of material is the second. Little did I know that I would find my second challenge while at B&B in June ... which could also be considered my third challenge - a creative challenge.

So here I begin my adventures in new challenges and growth. Starting a blog, finding an interesting topic (I hope) and stretching my creative muscles.

2016 Starman Challenge Kit
I have frequently wanted to enter creative challenges, but always hesitated for various reasons. However, when I saw this challenge kit at the Starman booth at B&B I knew it was for me.  I couldn't have picked a color palette more suited to me. LOL
Some of the goodies in the kit
After a few weeks of indecision, I decided to incorporate another challenge I recently began  ... learning bead embroidery. With that in mind I selected this lovely ceramic cabochon I purchased from Meg of Bead My Love as my one additional item.

Cabochon designed by Pamela Warren
I hope you will come along with on this ride and see what we can discover together.

Happy beading, Leslie

2 comments:

  1. Will follow you on your journey, and beyond. Of course, you will probably have to leave bead crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from Sarcastic Beads and Yarn!

    ReplyDelete